Welcome to Draw Like Me!
- Hi, we’re Draw Like Me. Welcome to our online learning service. We hope you have a blast learning from our range of tutorials, courses and more! This is our agreement that we make with you when you use the Draw Like Me website and it applies whether you are just browsing the content on our service, or accessing purchased content via your account.
- Thanks for taking the time to read and understand these terms because they govern your use of our service and set out your rights and obligations.
- If you can’t, or don’t want to, accept these terms, then we’re sorry but you must not use the Draw Like Me website.
- You need to be 13 years or over to browse the Draw Like Me website. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 13 or under. You need to be 18 years or over to sign up for a Draw Like Me account. If you’re under 18 you will need to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
- If you’d like to teach on our service, we have additional Teacher Terms that apply only to our instructors.
Learning With Us
- We want you to enjoy our service and learn from us. We give you permission to use the service and the content in exchange for accepting our terms and complying with them.
- Content that is available on our service may be either free or require that you pay for the right to access. Whether the content is free or purchased, we give you the right to use it in the following ways (in legal speak we give you a revocable, non-exclusive license to do the following things). You can:
- Use the effects and techniques demonstrated in the content, and the knowledge you learn, for personal or commercial purposes, without needing to say where you learned it (attribution);
- Use, modify and manipulate assets made available like source files but only for your own personal, educational purposes and without redistributing them.
Take a look at the rest of these terms (especially sections 22–26) for some details on things you can’t do under your license to the content.
If you’d like to arrange for bulk access to purchased content for your organization, please contact us.
Helping to Keep Our Free Content Free
- We don’t charge you to access the free content, but we do use some common strategies to help us pay our contributors to create such great educational resources—these might include affiliate programs, sponsored posts, advertising and so on.
- Some of these relationships, such as affiliate programs, might mean that we receive a commission if a purchase is made from a site we link to. It is up to you to make sure that products and services of other sites we link to meet your needs, as we don’t formally endorse any products or services of these other sites. We don’t have control over anyone else’s sites so we can’t be responsible for them. But of course, we only suggest something if we think it is worthy. If you have feedback on an affiliate, let us know.
This section will help you understand how to access purchased content and what you get when you “buy” purchased content.
- Purchased content includes things like buying individual courses, digital files or taking out a subscription. The first time you buy purchased content you will need to create an account. Read on to learn more about your Draw Like Me account. (We say “buy” but as we’ve explained above in section 6, you are getting a license to use this content rather than ‘owning’ it outright!)
- You pay for our premium content by purchasing a membership. All prices on our site are in US dollars (USD). You are responsible for meeting all costs of currency conversion from your local currency to USD. These currency conversion costs are imposed by your financial institution and not controlled by us.
- When you want to view premium content you will need to access your account and login to our website. Most of it is viewed online.
- You may be able to download some types of content to your computer but all content is subject to a ‘fair use’ policy. Our ‘fair use’ policy requires that your use of the site, especially content accessed by subscription, must be fair, genuine and reasonable. For example, the total amount of content you download must be reasonable in light of your actual education and learning needs, and the time needed to genuinely engage with that content. We will use our reasonable discretion to decide whether you have met our ‘fair use’ policy.
Your Draw Like Me Account
This section will help you understand how you’re responsible for access to your account and what you can expect from us.
- You must not share your account username and password with anyone else or allow anyone else to access your account and purchased content. You are responsible for every use of the service and purchased content that occurs in conjunction with use of your username and password.
- You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential and must use reasonable efforts to do so. You must notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username, password, account or purchased content.
- We’ll try to provide you with long-term access to your purchased content. However, if you’ve taken out a subscription to content, you’ll only have access to the content as long as your subscription is current. In any case, we can remove purchased content at our discretion, for example if it becomes out of date or obsolete, or if we need to for legal or business reasons. We will take reasonable steps to tell you if we are removing any purchased content, but this might not always be possible depending on the reason for or urgency of the removal.
- Please contact us if you ever have a problem accessing your account or any of your purchased content.
This section will help you understand when we might restrict your access.
- We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to your account at any time at our discretion if we decide you’ve breached these terms or any law that applies. We’ll be reasonable in exercising our discretion and making such a decision.
- Your access to purchased content will be suspended or terminated if payment is reversed by the payment agent (which is out of our control).
This section will help you understand how we process requests for a refund.
- We do not offer refunds. It’s hard to think of when you might need a refund given that once you’ve seen purchased content you can’t ‘un-see’ it and we give you information about purchased content before you buy it. If you think you’ve got a genuine claim please let us know your reasons. We will assess your request on its merits, with regard to the digital nature of the content and previews available before purchase.
- There is no obligation to provide a refund in situations like the following:
a.you have changed your mind;
b.you bought purchased content by mistake;
c.you do not have sufficient expertise to use the purchased content;
d.you ask for goodwill.
Ownership and Use
- We, or our instructors, own or have licensed the rights in the content. We also own the rights in the design, compilation and look and feel of the service. This includes intellectual property rights like copyright.
What you can’t do with content
- Our business, and that of our instructors, is based on intellectual property (IP) including copyright. We need to protect our IP so we can keep giving you access to awesome content.
- You agree that you won’t redistribute, frame, repurpose or copy content (unless specifically allowed in these terms), and you won’t use content for any purpose that we have not expressly stated. If you love our content, please send others to the service rather than send the content to them!
- The trademarks and logos on the service belong to us or to others, and you must not use these without the approval of the owner.
- Effects and Techniques: As we’ve said in section 6, you may use the effects and techniques demonstrated in the content, and the knowledge you learn, for personal or commercial purposes. You own the rights in the things you create when you apply your knowledge independently of using assets like source files.
- Forum and Community Rules: We’d like you to participate in the Draw Like Me dialogue. We’re a community! Often you’ll have the opportunity to comment or post on our service. You retain ownership of any intellectual property in your content but by posting it on our service you’re giving us permission (a license) to use it on our service. This permission includes allowing us to publish it (or not), to feature it, to move it to a more appropriate forum, and to store or delete it.
- Our Draw Like Me community is made of great people who know what is and is not acceptable online. We do have a liberal comments policy and welcome constructive criticism so that we can keep improving.
- But just to keep it clear, you agree to follow any forum or community rules on the service, and that you won’t:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Use the Service for any purpose, including, but not limited to posting or creating content, in violation of local, state, national, or international law.
- Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights (or rights of privacy or publicity) of any third party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose through the Service which are not relevant to the services offered through the Service.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters.
- Impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments.
- Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as ‘spamming’). Spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Download any file posted by another User that a User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Service.
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Public Areas.
- Imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by Patreon.com, without the prior written consent of Patreon.com.
- Use a robot, spider, manual and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the Service in any manner.
- Hack or interfere with the Service, its servers or any connected networks.
- Adapt, alter, license, sublicense or translate the Service for your own personal or commercial use.
- Remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks and rights owned by Patreon.com.
- Upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals.
- Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that exploit people under the age of 18 in an abusive, violent or sexual manner.
- We retain the right to take down any user content for any reason at all. We may give notice beforehand or provide a reason but we’re not obliged to do so and this may not always be possible. We’re not liable for any content posted by others on our service.
This section will help you understand our rules to guard your personal information.
- We won’t sell your details to marketing companies and we won’t pass on your details to others except to satisfy a law, regulation or government request.
- Bear in mind that any information that you post on our service will become public information and can be collected and used by other parties (we don’t have control over that).
Intellectual Property Concerns
- We respect the IP rights of others, including those who have been nice enough to let us use any of their material or assets on our service. Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the site.
- If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim about content, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a description of the location of the alleged infringing material;
- a description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed;
- a statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- your physical or valid electronic signature.
Things You Can’t Do on Our Service
- In using the service you agree that you will not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or materials through Draw Like Me;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through Draw Like Me (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter Draw Like Me’ operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine);
- use Draw Like Me or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, offensive, misleading, or defamatory;
- use scripts to automatically mass download content;
- insert advertising, branding or other promotional content into the site or content;
- except as allowed in these terms, copy, distribute, transmit, modify or otherwise exploit content, data or code on the service.
Liability and Disclaimer:
- There may be consumer laws where you live. We don’t purport to exclude or modify them if they apply. We call these non-excludable consumer laws.
- Except as required by a non-excludable consumer law:
- we are only bound by the express promises we make in these terms. We’re not bound by implied terms;
- we don’t promise that the content or your access to the service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the site or content are free of viruses or any other harmful components;
- we don’t make any promises about (and we’re not liable for) your access to or reliance on the service or content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise;
- we’re not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the service or content; and
- to the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited, at our option, to either replacement or paying the cost of replacement.
- Access and Availability: We’ll try to make sure that you have 24/7 access and we’ll try to keep any downtime to a minimum. We may need to interrupt or suspend your access to the site or the provision of the site’s services and content, for maintenance, technical or other reasons but we’ll try to be quick.
- Taxes, Fees and Charges: You are responsible for paying all fees and taxes associated with your use of the service wherever levied (including withholding tax, if applicable).
- Changes to Terms: We can change terms at any time but we’ll do our best to post information about this on the service. If you continue to use the service after the terms change, you will be accepting the new or revised terms.
- Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion (unless these terms say otherwise).
- Applicable Laws: We control and operate the site from our offices in the United States of America. The laws of Florida, USA govern these terms— you and we submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
account – your account is your personal portal that is accessed with a username and password and gives you access to purchased content.